Hlt 362v week 3 workbook assignment; exercise # 20
HLT 362V Applied Statistics for Health Care Professionals – Grand Canyon
1. Which patient scored the highest on the preoperative CVLT Acquisition? What was his or her T score?
2. Which patient scored the lowest on postoperative CVLT Retrieval? What was this patient’s T score?
3. Did the patient in Question 2 have more of a memory performance decline than average on the CVLT Retrieval? Provide a rationale for your answer.
4. What is the mean ( ) and standard deviation (SD) for preoperative T score for CVLT Acquisition?
5. Is the preoperative Retrieval T score for Patient 5 above or below the mean for the norm of the group? Provide a rationale for your answer.
6. Assuming that the distribution of the preoperative CVLT Retrieval T scores is normal, the middle 68% of the patients had T scores between what two values?
7. Assuming that the distribution of scores for the postoperative CVLT Retrieval T scores is normal, the middle 68% of the patients had T scores between what two values?
8. The researchers state that it appears that the functional integrity of the left temporal lobe, despite evidence of structural abnormality, plays a considerable role when it comes to memory outcomes following left ATL. Can the findings from this study be generalized to a larger population? Provide a rationale for your answer.
9. If a patient had a raw score = 30, what would his/her postoperative CVLT Retrieval T score be?
10. Did patients demonstrate more postoperative memory declines among CVLT Retrieval T scores than CVLT Acquisition T scores? Provide a rationale for your answer.