Ece 332 week 5 final assignment | ECE 332 Child Development | Ashford University
To prepare for this assignment,
- Review the standards guide from the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) 2010 NAEYC Standards for Initial & Advanced Early Childhood Professional Preparation Programs. (Links to an external site.)
- Review the activities you have completed throughout this course to identify artifacts (completed work from your discussions and assignments), which show your growing mastery of the NAEYC Standards. You will choose one artifact for each of the following NAEYC Professional Preparation Standards for a total of five artifacts:
- 1a: Knowing and understanding young children’s characteristics and needs, from birth through age 8
- 1b: Knowing and understanding the multiple influences on early development and learning
- 1c: Using developmental knowledge to create healthy, respectful, supportive, and challenging learning environments for young children
- Two more NAEYC Professional Preparation Standards of your choice
- Find at least two Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) of information on teacher standards
Please use the provided Template to create a 10 to 12 slide PowerPoint Presentation, include the following:
- Create a slide with the following information for EACH of your 5 chosen artifacts (one for NAEYC Professional Preparation Standards 1a, 1b, 1c and two standards of your choice),
- Match the artifact to its corresponding NAEYC Standard
- Explain how the artifact addresses the standard
- Provide a rationale for how the artifact demonstrates your mastery and proficiency of the standard.
- Determine how this artifact will aide you in fostering student learning.
- Explain how this artifact serves to demonstrate that domains of development are interrelated.
- Provide a justification for how this artifact might influence your current or future teaching and self-learning.
- Elaborate in the notes section on any additional information necessary to explain or show mastery of the standards