Culture and health promotion powerpoint
I need assistance in nursing class I am taking creating an APA format, 15-20 power point presentation (excluding title and reference slides). The culture chosen is African American. The instructions for the assignment are as follows:
- Power point must include:
1) Title/Include Names of Students
- 2) Ethnic/racial Identity
- 3) History and Value Orientation
- 4) Language-communication Process
- 5) Health Beliefs and Healing Practices
- 6) Religious Beliefs and Spirituality
In addition, these topics must include:
- Ethnic/racial identity: How does the group identify itself in terms ethnicity and racial background? What is the range of interaction outside of the cultural group? Are recreational, educational, and other social activities within the ethnic reference group, the wider community, or both?
- History and Value Orientation: How are values derived? What is the historical experience of the group that may have impacted values?
- Language-communication process: What languages are spoken in the home? And by whom? What language is preferred when speaking to outsiders? Do second and third generations in the U.S. speak the language of their grandparents?
- Health Belief and Practices: What are the traditional health beliefs? How common are these beliefs and practices within this group? To what extent are folk healing practices and practitioners used?
- Religious Belief and Spirituality: Religious articles & practices, how spirituality is defined. Remember that Religious Beliefs and Spirituality are different concepts.
- Life-cycle events: Which life cycle events are important to the culture? What are the customs associated with births, coming of age, marriage, and death?
- Nutritional Behavior/Diet: Are there restrictions? Are there common practices?
- Medical health care access and experience: Is access to care and equality of care an issue for this group? For example, are group members less likely to receive needed care due to system issues such as financial access or provider biases than another group? (Note: This is a big topic which will be studied in more depth later, but since the interface with health care has had a strong impact on cultural expectations and practices, it will be helpful to begin to examine this aspect of culture in this cultural assessment).
- Identify actual or potential health risks among group members.
Please let me know who can assist with this.