Soc 105 popular literature paper
Choose a piece of popular fiction—novel, short story, graphic novel, or comic book—and research the material through the lens of popular culture and its effect on society.
Prepare a 700- to 1050-word analysis that includes a critique of that work and a commentary on the influence of the work in popular culture. Address the following:
· Identify the literary production you chose to focus on. Provide a brief overview of what the piece is about, the author’s background, and how the piece fits or does not fit with other literature of that genre.
· What is the cultural significance of the work? Reflect on whether the piece is considered economically successful or if it has fan followings.
· What cultural values are reinforced or challenged in the work?
Consider the following examples:
· How the Harry Potter novels are encouraging young adults to read
· Does the Twilight series reinforce or challenge traditional gender roles?
· The quest for truth in the novels of Dan Brown, author of The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons
Review Ch. 1 in the text for background on developing a literary analysis.
**Include at least two scholarly references.