Psychological aspects of aging | SOCW 6210 – Human Behavior and the Social Environment II | Walden University
Discussion, you review one of two case studies involving an older woman and apply a theory of successful aging to the case.
· Review the Zastrow et al. chapter on psychological aspects of later adulthood, focusing on key life events and on theories of successful aging.
· Access the Social Work Case Studies media and explore the cases of Sara and of Francine.
· Select a theory of successful aging to apply to either Sara’s or Francine’s case.
· Identify whether you have chosen to analyze Sara’s or Francine’s case for the Discussion.
· Explain key life events that have influenced Sara’s or Francine’s psychological functioning. Be sure to substantiate what makes them key in your perspective.
· Explain how you as a social worker might apply a theory of successful aging to Sara’s or Francine’s case. Be sure to provide support for your strategy.