Assignment 3: maths resource folio
The purpose of this folio is to produce a collection of information, resources and reflections. Creating this folio will help you develop your skills in navigating the Australian Curriculum or State or Territory curriculum, recognising the way in which concepts progress throughout the curriculum and identifying relevant resources to support teaching and learning.
For this assignment task, you’ll be building upon your knowledge and understanding of the concept that you explored in your second assignment task, and exploring the learning progression throughout the primary years.
Related learning outcomes
This assignment assesses the following unit learning outcomes:
- Describe how the relevant National and/or State or Territory curriculum for maths encourages understanding in mathematics and numeracy for children.
- Use ICT to develop children’s engagement with numeracy and mathematics.
You’ll be required to choose three consecutive primary school levels to build your folio around (e.g. Foundation, Year One and Year Two), and a maths concept that can be taught in each of these years.
Once you have selected your year levels, use the Assignment 3: Folio template (DOC 43.9 KB) and include the following information:
- Explore the Australian Curriculum or your State or Territory curriculum and describe how your concept is addressed, and how it progresses throughout each of your selected primary school levels. (Approximately 200 words for each of your three levels le.) Please note: if you select Foundation level as one of your levels, it’s appropriate for you to then acknowledge the progression from the early years.
- Choose just one content descriptor for each of your levels to focus on that directly correlates to your concept and shows a clear progression (approximately 40 words for each of your three levels).
- Find one resource for each of your content descriptors that you believe would effectively support the teaching and learning of each descriptor. Please note: Two of the three resources must be ICT resources.
- For each resource you must include the following information (approximately 120 words for each of your three levels):
- Name of the resource.
- Evidence of the resource (e.g. screenshot and URL where applicable).
- A brief description of the resource.
- To accompany each resource, you are to provide a written rationale justifying how it can be used to enhance children’s learning and engagement with the selected content descriptor. Each rationale must be supported by academic literature (approximately 300 words for each of your three levels).
Please ensure that you make links to academic literature and curricula documentation to support your statements. If academic underpinning is not evident, you cannot pass this assignment.
Please ensure that you select specific resources (e.g. a specific app or web-based activity) that directly links to your selected content descriptions.