Week 2 assignment – case study: acceptable use policy instructions | CIS 462 – Security Strategy and Policy | Strayer University
Week 2 Assignment – Case Study: Acceptable Use Policy
The acceptable use policy (AUP) is a very important policy within organizations to define acceptable employee behavior when accessing company resources. There are also legal implications within AUPs. Use an existing AUP that you are familiar with, such as from a current or previous workplace, or search on the Internet for an example AUP to complete this case study.Write a 3–5 page paper in which you:
- Describe the purpose of an acceptable use policy you have selected and explain how the AUP helps provide confidentiality, integrity, and availability within the organization.
- Critique the AUP you selected and provide recommendations for improving the AUP.
- Explain methods that organizations can implement to help ensure compliance with the AUP, mitigate their risk exposure, and minimize liability. Describe how your selected AUP accomplishes these goals.
- Describe methods for increasing the awareness of the AUP, and other policies, within the organization.
- Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.