Read the focus on ethics: the ethics of the at-will doctrine in
Read the Focus on Ethics: The Ethics of the At-Will Doctrine in Chapter 7 of Industrial/Organizational Psychology.
Then, write a 2-4-page paper
Answer the following questions:
- What are other ethical dilemmas in the at-will doctrine?
- Which argument is credible: that of the doctrine’s critics or its supporters?
- What limitations other than those outlined in the textbook should be imposed on the doctrine to make it more ethical and, therefore, fairer?
- Evaluate the fairness of different laws for public and private sector employees (at-will employment versus just cause standards of employment).
Adhere to the following standards:
- Your paper should be two to four pages in length, not including the title or reference pages.
- Review the grading rubric, which can be accessed on the Materials link for each week.
- Be sure to follow APA Guidelines.
- Your paper should include an introduction, a body with at least two fully developed paragraphs, and a conclusion.
- Support your interpretation with evidence from the book and at least two peer-reviewed journal articles from the library.