Health information management professionals have a plethora of career
Health Information Management professionals have a plethora of career opportunities. As you think about your future career as a Health Information Technician, what do you see are your possibilities? This assignment will allow you to explore possible career paths as a Health Information Technician.
Follow these steps to complete this assignment:
- Go to the AHIMA Career Map
- Click on Featured Career Paths along the bottom of the table
- Select Path 5. You will see six careers mapped for you as a Health Information Technician.
- Explore these six careers.
- Select one of the management careers that interests you – Chief Learning Officer, Regional Director of HIM, Director of HIM, or Manager of HIM.
For the career that interest you, answer the following questions in a 1-2 page paper.
- What is the title of this career?
- What are the job responsibilities?
- What skills are needed for this position?
- What draws you to this career possibility?
- How do you anticipate this course will help you prepare for the job you have selected?
- How would you map your career to achieve this career?