Discussion week 1 – speech
Explain the importance of audience demographics. Describe why audience analysis is important and how it can affect or change your presentation. How might the audience demographics change with a change in geographic location–be specific, providing details to support your ideas.When replying to peers in this forum, share your own experiences with audience analysis and consider how this new knowledge might help you be more successful in public speaking moving forward.
NOTE: You may conduct research to complete any of these discussions (if you are still waiting on the book), using scholarly sources. Be certain to properly cite your sources and provide APA formatted references. This information is also addressed in this week’s audio lessons.Remember that your discussion response must include the following:
used textbook :the art of public speaking 13 edition by stephen e. lucas,
mc graw hill education
- A reflection on the concept we are discussing. Give us a summary of things you learned about this concept from your assigned chapter readings.
- A thorough example/discussion to support your reflection.
- A final statement that tells us what you take away from this week’s lesson.
- Properly formatted in-text citations and references.
- Strong grammar, spelling, and mechanics.
- In total your discussion should be at least 250 words.