New perspectives in sexuality | Psychology homework help
- Discuss what your new educational experience was, what made it a new experience for you, and why you chose the particular experience you did.
2. Relation to class material
- Identify at least 3 concepts discussed in class that relate to your new educational experience.
- Define each concept and how it relates to your experience.
- What was your perspective, with regards to your new educational experience, prior to your new experience?
- What was most challenging for you about this experience?
- Did your perspective change after your new educational experience? Why or why not.
4. What you learned
- What did you learn from your new educational experience and how will this information be beneficial to you in the future? How will it benefit you as a family professional?
Some examples of new experiences related to sexuality:
- Read a book of erotic poetry or erotica
- Write a romantic short story
- Learn about Tantric sensuality (Kama Sutra)
- Read and reflect on Psalms in the Bible
- Take a workshop in sensual massage
- Interview a leader in a religious faith on an aspect related to sexuality
- Interview someone who has different religious or cultural views on sexuality (Buddhism, Islam, African American etc.)
- Visit an adult store
- Interview someone with HIV or AIDS
- Attend a lingerie party
- Review a movie such as “Boys Don’t Cry” The Brandon Teena Story
- Be a Lamaze coach for a friend or family member who’s having a baby
- Find out more about a local organization (QSA)
- Interview a worker at an abortion or pro-life clinic
- Interview someone involved in an alternative sub-culture (i.e. Nudist camps, transvestitism, swingers, fetish clubs)