Theory/practice | Nursing homework help
Which of the theories we covered so far best fits the practice setting you work in or that you are interested in working? What about the theory makes it well-suited for your practice setting?
Use the 6 criteria from Ch. 7 of Fundamentals of Nursing Models, Theories, and Practice for choosing the most appropriate theory for a practice.
Select a practice/clinical setting. Some examples could be an emergency room, hospice, community-based long-term care facility, children’s clinic, etc.
Use the following 6 criteria to select a theory appropriate for the setting you chose:
- Clinical setting
- Origin of the theory
- Paradigms as a basis for choice
- Patient’s needs
Create a 12- to 15-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation with detailed speaker notes in which you explain:
- The practice or clinical setting you chose
- Provide some detail to give context to the setting.
- The theory you selected for this practice or clinical setting and a discussion of the origin of the theory
- Concepts that comprise the theory
- The theory’s application to practice
- How the 6 criteria helped you choose the theory
- Why the selected theory is well suited for the setting
- What you would use to guide patient care in the absence of a theory
Cite a minimum of 2 sources in-text and on a slide with APA-formatted references.