Mha 620 week 1 discussion 1 ( understanding the role of health policy
Understanding the Role of Health Policy
Health policy is simply a health plan that has been written with specific strategies or objectives to accomplish the overall goal of the plan. Health policy (popular or unpopular) plays an important role in the delivery of healthcare services. Please review Chapter 1 in its entirety to understand the premise of health policy. To successfully complete this discussion an understanding to the role of policies in health care is imperative. In a minimum of 250 words discuss the following questions:
- What is the premise of healthcare policies? (consider the following: past/current policies that impact provider-insurer shift)
- Is healthcare access a “human right” or a “privilege”? Provide a rationale.
- Who are the major players in health policies?
- How does health policy impact society?
Effects of Current Health Policies
Health policies must undergo policy processes of analysis prior to implementation. Pre-process, intra-process, and post-process all have major impacts on healthcare organizations and consumers. Based on the policy many people may face economical or social change, which could either be just/unjust. In a minimum of 250 words, discuss the following:
- Evaluate the ACA’s impact on healthcare quality and cost.
- How does the ACA impact society as a whole?
- Highlight the relevance of the Federal Medicaid Assistance Percentage (FMAP), as it relates to the ACA.