The un as global police force and negotiation facilitator
Complete the Midterm Exam by composing a 6-page research-based essay response to the prompt below, The assignment must be in current APA format. Font 12 New times Roman
Essay Theme: The UN as global police force and negotiation facilitator
- Reasoning with clear ideas and examples in any manner you choose, whether separately or integrated, answer the questions bellow indicating the limits and possibilities of justification for the UN as a global police force or negotiation facilitator between hostile or potentially hostile states.
- Include the following related questions:
- What is the scope of its authority to act as an enforcement institution or negotiation facilitator?
- What kinds of international problems does it seek to ameliorate or resolve, and does the seriousness of these problems warrant a global rather than regional or state response?
- What are its methods and instruments of containment, enforcement, or persuasion—how does it get peoples and states to comply with its dictates or at least restrain themselves?
- What are the chief limits of its ability to act as a legitimate global police authority or negotiation facilitator? Why does Mearsheimer believe that international institutions like the UN offer a ‘false promise’ of greater security than the current state system can offer?