Mn 505 unit 6 assignment
MN505: Unit 6 Assignment
Over the duration of this course you will write a scholarly paper, “Health Promotion Program Proposal,” addressing existing nursing knowledge related to health promotion. In the proposal, you will also develop a health promotion program to meet a health need of a vulnerable population in your potential concentration area or community. The proposal must demonstrate graduate school level writing and critical analysis. The final version of your proposal is due in Unit 8 (See Unit 8 for more information). For this Unit 6 assignment you will submit Part One of your proposal, detailing a health problem that is prevalent within your selected group and demonstrating your research of health promotion strategies for addressing this specific health problem. Directions
1. Describe the health problem. • Using data and statistics, support your claim that the issue you selected is a problem.
• What specifically will you address in your proposed health promotion program?
• Be sure your proposed outcome is realistic and measureable. 2. Describe the vulnerable population and setting. • What are the risk factors that make this a vulnerable population?
• Use evidence to support the risk factors you have identified. 3. Provide a review of literature from scholarly journals of evidence-based interventions that address the problem. • After completing a library search related to effective interventions for your chosen health promotion activity, write a review that evaluates the strengths and weaknesses of all the sources you have found.
• You might consult research texts for information on how to write a review of the literature found in your search. 4. Provide an overview of your implementation plan complete with a summary of communication ideas and a timeline.
5. Select and present an appropriate health promotion/disease prevention theoretical or conceptual model that best serves as the guiding framework for the proposal Paper
• Three to five pages in length (excluding title page, references, and appendices)
• Follow APA format
• Cite a minimum of five research reports as a beginning reference list