Therapeutic drug monitoring is a frequent practice in health care.
Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
After studying Module 4: Lecture Materials & Resources, discuss the following:
- Therapeutic drug monitoring is a frequent practice in health care. How does age affect drug absorption, metabolization and excretion?
- The use of salt substitutes can cause hyperkalemia in older adults when use in conjunction with what types of drugs?
- Describe how you would prevent and evaluate risk factors for medication nonadherence in older adults?
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
Gerontology & Diagnostic Studies & Pharmacologic Management
Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
- Meiner, S.E., Yeager, J.J. (2019).