The memory chip manufacturer is thinking about relocating one of
The memory chip manufacturer is thinking about relocating one of their existing plants. Your boss is not sure that they should do so. He has asked you to write a white paper on the pros and cons of relocating facilities. In this paper, he wants you to specifically discuss:
- What motivations typically cause firms to initiate a facilities location or relocation projects?
- How would a facility location decision for our company differ from one for a service organization?
- Discuss five metrics which should be used when selecting a new production facility location.
- Based on these metrics, describe where in the United States you would locate this facility. Please be specific as to why you would choose this location.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head and title in all capital letters.
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third-person voice.
- Body: The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page, and it must be double-spaced between paragraphs. The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3–4 pages. In-text academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-text academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper- and lower-case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the reference page is not a bibliography, but it is a further listing of the abbreviated in-text citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-text citation.