Source map assignment (done in word doc below)
Answer in the word doc “source map assignment” provided below
Now that you’ve selected your final research topics that you will build upon for the last 4 weeks of this course, we are going to take a deep dive into research and source evaluation. To this point, you’ve had experience evaluating other author’s arguments, sources, logic, and claim types and now it’s your turn to try your hand at crafting a multidimensional and hybrid argument of your own.
The choices we make surrounding what kinds of source material help us form our arguments are rhetorical choices. Selecting high quality source material and practicing ethical and sound research is not only important in the context of academia but can tremendously increase your writerly ethos when done well. Using research strategies and techniques outlined by our authors alongside practicing important source annotation techniques will be the first and most vital step in crafting your final hybrid argument and extended research pa.PER.
1. Integrate outside perspectives into texts
2. Distinguish high quality source materials
3. Practice accurate citation style and MLA formatting conventions
- Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing 2e, Issue 6 “More Than Detective Work” p. 220-253
- Writing Arguments: A Rhetoric with Readings 11e
- Chapter 4 “Using Evidence Effectively” p. 52-66
- Chapter 16 “Finding and Evaluating Sources” p. 341-359
- Chapter 17 “Incorporating Sources into Your Own Argument” p. 360-374
- Chapter 18 “Citing and Documenting Sources” p. 375-396
Follow the prompts in the Source Map Assignment