Prof dan | Literature homework help
Compare and contrast two Native American writers: Sherman Alexie and Charles Eastman. Consider how dialogue, description, and details are used or explore significant changes in voice, theme, and characterization in these stories about diversity in America. Respond in a five-paragraph APA essay format with quotes, proper in-text citations, and references.
Please be sure to include the following in your assignment submission:
- Write a formal, 5-paragraph essay in APA format, including a cover page, in response to this question.Base your answer on your own observations and support your assertions quoting from your assigned readings.
- Read the assigned readings from the Native American Literature sections. Highlight quotes, summarize, or paraphrase from this week’s readings and be sure to include an in-text citation in proper APA format (Author, year, p. X).
- Include three quotes from our readings. When we discuss literature, it is all about the words before us. They are ours to consider and reflect on. So, you will want to make a strong assertion and prove it, or support it, by quoting from the readings. Include three quotes in our essay.
- Create a strong thesis for your essay. A thesis states your main idea in a sentence. A sample thesis (which you are free to use) might be: Charles Alexander Eastman and Sherman Alexie, Jr., both award-winning authors with strong cultural roots, differ greatly in voice, theme, and characterization of Native American culture.
- Be sure to include an APA reference page.
Here is the reference for and link to Charles Eastman’s writing that will be used for comparison:
Eastman, C. A. (1907). Old indian days. Retrieved from http://www.gutenberg.org/files/339/339-h/339-h.htm#2H_4_0015
The second reference to use for comparison and citation is: Alexie, S. (1994). Flight. Ploughshares, 20(1), 38.
The PDF of this is in attachments