Create a public health office- 10 pages, intro, conclusion, 12
Please read below statement: IMPORTANT
PLEASE READ FULL INSTRUCTIONS. NO PLAGIARISM! NO QUOTES, MUST PARAPHRASE. I WILL CHECK FOR RECYCLED WORK AND PLAGIARISM. THIS ASSIGNMENT IS DUE 10/24/21 AT 9PM PST. IF YOU CANT MEET THIS DEADLINE, DONT AGREE TO DO MY ASSIGNMENT. PRICE ISNT NEGOTIABLE. PLEASE READ GRADING RUBRIC. TEACHERS USE THE GRADING RUBRIC TO DETERMINE GRADE.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND BY ACCEPTING TO DO MY WORK, I HAVE STRICT RULES. I DONT LIKE TO DISPUTE, BUT I WILL IF DIRECTIONS ARENT BEING FOLLOWED. IF I SEE SOMETHING WRONG AFTER PURCHASING, I WILL GIVE YOU A CHANCE TO FIX IT IMMEDIATELY. THIS DOESNT MEAN HOURS LATER. IF YOU TURN SOMETHING INTO ME EARLY, I EXPECT YOU TO FIX MY ASSIGNMENT IMMEDIATELY. DONT LIE TO ME, IF THESE RULES ARENT FOLLOWED, I WILL DISPUTE
As you have learned, public health can be a dynamic force in a population if it is utilized correctly and managed appropriately. Using the information below, your final project is to create a public health system to serve the population given. You are the head of this new office and are able to establish your mission, vision, and values statements. You also are in charge of creating relationships, assessing community needs, and implementing plans that will make a difference. You will be given a total budget, but information on the community, what health entities currently exist, and key stakeholders in the community is your reasonability to find.
Areas that Must Be Addressed:
- The relationship you will establish between your office and the state public health agencies.
- The relationship and assistance you will provide to local healthcare providers.
- Public safety programs you will create.
- Human service and charity organizations you will create or engage.
- Education and youth development organizations you will create or engage.
- Recreation and arts-related organizations you will create or engage.
- Economic and philanthropic organizations you will create or engage.
- Environmental agencies and organizations you will create or engage.
- How your budget was allocated.
- Challenges in setting up and running an office for this population.
Your population is located in Central Illinois and within a township called Pembroke. Its largest village is known as Hopkins Park and is where your new public health office will be located. To start you on your research I have provided some links below to help you obtain some of the needed information regarding your new population:
Areas of note:
- Hopkins Park does not have a zip code, so it does not qualify for many federal grants or funds, see the link listed here (Links to an external site.).
- Pembroke Township does have a zip code but much of that funding has been allocated to unincorporated villages tied to the township. Perhaps you can utilize this information to your office’s advantage.
- Crime and drug use statistics stopped being collected and/or reported in the year 2003, so you will have to estimate these rates from the final years of collection and the current size of the population. If this is a problem area you will certainly want to address it in your office.
- There are no hospitals or clinics currently in Pembroke Township; with the nearest hospital to Hopkins Park is located 14 miles away in the town of Kankakee, Illinois.
- There are no food vendors (grocery stores, farmers markets, etc.) within Hopkins Park. The only source of packaged food within 5 miles is a CITGO gas station just outside of town that frequently closes, changes management, and does not stock any fresh foods or produce.
- Many of the homes do not have running water or natural gas heating. Water is often drawn up from privately dug wells and heat is provided from burning wood and other materials.
- As a small positive, if you can call it that, Pembroke Township and Hopkins Park have been featured in several exposes and documentaries in the past for being one of the poorest communities in the United States. The most famous of the documentaries being a visit from media mogul Oprah Winfrey. You can find many of the other videos on Pembroke and Hopkins Park on YouTube.
Your total budget for this office is $200,000 for the year. That must cover not only your, and any employees you hire, salaries, but also your planned interventions, accreditations you are seeking, health professionals you may bring in, etc. The office itself should be considered as built and stocked with the needed supplies (desks, computers, etc.) for you to conduct your work. Your goal is to create the largest and most long-term positive health impact for the whole population served.
Use the above bullets from the Areas that Must be Addressed list as your outline.
- The responses to these questions should be placed in paragraph form, not simply listed as bullets. You need to demonstrate that you can collect, compile, and present a broad array of information in a narrative form