Business letter assignment | English homework help
Project 1B:Business Letter Assignment
ENG Due Date: Friday, January 29 by 11:59pm EST
Final Draft Setup Requirement:
•Polished, properly formatted, one-page letter
•Single spaced •11 or 12-point Times New Roman font
WHAT: Write a 1-page business letter appropriate for the professional workplace.
HOW: The Business letter will be addressed to a classmate and will
•capture the classmate’s attention;
•describe (briefly) the steps of process writing;
•present a persuasive argument to motivate the classmate to use steps in process writing in development of his/her written assignments throughout the semester;
•demonstrate your knowledge of process writing, your ability to craft a professional letter, and your skill at persuading a reader to action.
Here are general tips to help you write effective business letters:
- Type the letter on 8.5” x 11” paper with 1-inch margins on the top and sides.
- Use a professional-looking font (Times New Roman, Arial) in 11 or 12-point size.
- Ensure the completed letter contains the following sections and information:
- Sender’s address
- Date (with 2 to 4 spaces above and below the date)
- Intended reader’s address
- Salutation (2 to 4 spaces above and below the salutation)
- Letter body (single space lines within paragraphs; double space lines between them)Complimentary close (2 spaces before the complimentary close and 4 spaces after it to allow room for the signed name of sender)
- Introduction that states what you are writing about and why you are writing
- Well organized discussion giving details of your topic
- Conclusion giving directive action and a positive ending
- Signed name of sender
- Typed name of sender