Hima 250: organizational chart and summary
HIMA 250: Healthcare Delivery Systems and Documentation
PLEASE NOTE: You will be graded with the attached grading rubric. Please read the rubric, and message me if you have questions.
SCENARIO: You work for a healthcare system that includes a 1) community hospital, a 2) long-term care facility, a 3) hospice center, a 4) home health agency, and a 5) physician clinic. For each facility create the following:
1. an organizational chart with the departments that are seen within the specific facility-type listed above, and
2. a list of the types of staff members in each of the departments you listed. List staff such as RN, Radiology tech, lab tech, coder, etc. Numbers of staff (i.e. how many in each department) and specific titles are not needed.
Write a paper that has a description of the interrelationships across the health care delivery system. This is a separate Word document. For example, the hospital lab department may provide laboratory services for the other facilities and interact with the nurses and medical assistants at those facilities. Discuss whether or not there are some departments or staff positions that would function better in a shared services environment, supporting all the different facilities.
Also, in this paper, describe how healthcare policy-making impacts the healthcare delivery system. Discuss how you would evaluate the impact of new state, local, and federal policies as well as global impacts.
Please use in-text citations, references, all in APA 6th edition format.
To recap, 3 deliverables are required to complete this assignment:
1. Organization chart (PowerPoint or Word Document)
2. List of staff within each department listed on your organizational chart (Please see rubric, as grades are determine by the number listed)
3. Separate Word Document that discusses the interrelationships between the departments of the health care delivery system, that also includes description of how healthcare policy-making impacts the healthcare delivery system. Discuss how you would evaluate the impact of new state, local, and federal policies as well as global impacts. This document will include in-text citations and references in accordance with APA 6th edition standards.
(PLEASE NOTE: Works Cited is MLA, not APA. APA is references)