Late | Education homework help
ESSAY 1 THESIS/OUTLINE INSTRUCTIONS AND CHECKLIST
Topic: The Opioid Crisis in America
Watch the YouTube video for an overview of the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHlaz0kQlRE
Thesis Statement/Outline Assignment
In Module/Week 2, you must develop an outline for the 1,000-1,200 word proposal argument essay that you will write in Module/Week 3. Your outline should include a clear thesis statement and plan of support. Be sure to consider all essay parts identified in “The Elements of Argument (Planning A Proposal Argument)” in the textbook readings, and include at least the minimum requirements listed in the chart below for this week’s assignment. The research sources for this essay have been provided for you in Blackboard. Any additional sources that you may choose to use must be credible academic sources. You must integrate a total of 4 quotations, summaries and/or paraphrases from 3 credible sources to support your thesis statement and provide opposing arguments. Be sure to document your sources correctly according to your documentation style (Current APA, MLA, or Turabian). You may include biblical support.
Proposal Argument Prompt
Write a proposal argument in which you address the question, “What needs to be done to address the opiod crisis in the United States?”
• Read “Outlining a Proposal Argument” in this week’s textbook readings to understand all parts to include in a proposal essay.
• Review the Minimum Outline Requirements Checklist (below) to understand the content that you must include in your thesis/outline this week.
• Review the Essay 1 Thesis/Outline Grading Rubric in Blackboard before submitting your thesis/outline in Blackboard.
Included below is the minimum that you must include in your thesis/outline; however, taking the time to construct a complete and thorough outline will help you save time when you write your actual essay.
(Minimum) Outline Requirements
Successful Needs Revision
1. Thesis statement: Clearly states your debatable proposal argument that includes a feasible solution for the problem
2. Evidence: Presents points that support the thesis based on the principle (In your outline, include at least the minimum number of required paraphrases, summaries, and/or quotes from outside sources as indicated in assignment instructions.)
3. Opposing argument(s): Presents viewpoints opposing your thesis argument giving special consideration to opposition of the ethical principle. (Including the strongest opposition to refute helps build your credibility and convinces your audience to consider or adopt your position.)
4. Documentation Requirements for Outline (Include minimum number of sources required for this assignment.):
If using current APA format, include properly formatted parenthetical intext citations and a References page.
If using current MLA format, include properly formatted parenthetical intext citations and a Works Cited page.
If using current Turabian format, include properly formatted footnotes and Bibliography page.
When you are satisfied with the quality of your outline, submit it to Blackboard via the submission link in Module/Week 2 for grading. Do not forget to write your degree program and whether you are using current MLA, APA, or Turabian on the title page and in the “Submission Title” field when submitting your assignment.