Case study: as a supervisor, how would handle this situation?
During a staff meeting, Thomas sits grumpily in his chair staring at the wall. When he is asked if he’d like to contribute his ideas, he shakes his head to say no. But, when Thomas leaves the meeting, he slams the door behind him.
Is this an issue? Why or why not?
• How do you feel when you see or hear Thomas in that state?
• Although Thomas’s behavior isn’t directed at you specifically, how does it affect you?
• How would you handle this situation if this was regular behavior for Thomas as opposed to a
• Who do you speak to about this?
• What would be your supervisor’s role in this?
I ATTACHED THE TEXTBOOK:
Chapter 16: Managerial Communication