Watch the following videos from the university library: “targeting
Watch the following videos from the University Library:
- “Targeting Terror”
- “Advantages and Disadvantages of Surveillance”
- “What is Biometrics?”
Research and develop an understanding of the following:
- USA PATRIOT Act of 2001
- Domestic Security Enhancement Act of 2003
- Homeland Security Act of 2002
Choose one of the acts to focus on and then identify an event that falls within the jurisdiction of that act. To find pertinent information for this assignment, the event chosen should have culminated in an arrest or other conclusion, and adjudication should be complete, or the case closed (cold cases are not acceptable).
Create a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with detailed speaker notes in which you:
- Summarize the event, including the who, what, where, when, and how. Discuss how the offender was caught.
- Identify technological, methodological, and criminological points of interest in the case, including offender typology and profile, to align with the best theory as defined in previous weeks, including physical, biological, psychological, social structure, social processes and development, and social conflict.
- Describe the use of technology, DNA, forensics, biometrics, and any other criminal identification tool used in the case.
- Discuss what impact crime and global crimes, such as human trafficking, have on crime control policies.
- In your conclusion, discuss how the evolution of policing might affect social policy from national and international perspectives and consider how the evolving technologies relate to national and international policymaking.
Cite at least two academic references according to APA guidelines.