Begin drafting your memo course outcome addressed in this assignment:
Begin Drafting Your Memo
Course outcome addressed in this Assignment:
- GEL-1.1: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
Read the e-mail detailing your legal memo assignment. Prepare a draft of the first four sections of the legal memo (statement of facts, questions presented, brief answers, and applicable statute).
Please review the assignment grading rubric in Doc Sharing for more information on how your Assignment will be graded.
Submitting Your Work
Put your responses in a Microsoft Word document. Save it in a location and with the proper naming convention: username-Course Name-section-Unit x_Assignment.doc (username is your Kaplan username, section is your course section, x is your Unit number). When you are ready to submit it, go to the Dropbox and complete the steps below:
- Click the link that says “Submit an Assignment.”
- In the “Submit to Basket” menu, select Unit x: Assignment.
- In the “Comments” field, make sure to add at least the title of your paper.
- Click the “Add Attachments” button.
- Follow the steps listed to attach your Word document.
To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it. Make sure that you save a copy of your submitted work.