theoretical framework to support evidence-based practice: powerpoint
Nurse practitioners actively engage in the process of translating nursing knowledge into practice, thereby establishing evidence-based approaches within the discipline. Throughout this process, a theoretical framework provides a meaningful context to guide and support the evidence-based practice. The purpose of this assignment is to identify a theory or theoretical model which can be used as a framework for a future evidence-based project during your nurse practitioner education.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
Through this assessment, the student will meet the following Course Outcomes:
- Apply nursing theory as a framework to guide the translation of knowledge and implementation of evidence-based practice in future professional settings. (CO #2)
- Analyze theories from nursing and relevant fields with respect to the components, relationships among the components, and application to advanced nursing practice. (CO#4)
In Week 7, students will create a PowerPoint slide show with notes pages to evaluate the use of a theory for an EBP issue or concern.
Criteria for Content
Review literature regarding issues or concerns within your selected nurse practitioner specialty.
Select a theory or theoretical model which is relevant to your nurse practitioner specialty and would offer a meaningful context for evidence-based practice surrounding the issue or concern which you identified.
- In a PowerPoint Presentation, address the following.
- Introduction to the presentation
- Identify and describe a theory or theoretical model, and explain its relevance to your nurse practitioner specialty.
- Describe an issue or concern that is related to your nurse practitioner specialty, and explain its impact on health care outcomes
- Explain how the theory or theoretical model can be used as a framework to guide evidence-based practice to address the issue or concern, and discuss the unique insight or perspective offered through the application of this theory or theoretical model.
- Conclusion to the presentation
Preparing the presentation
- Application: Use Microsoft PowerPoint to create the presentation. Submit as a .ppt or .pptx file.
- Length: The PowerPoint presentation must be 6-8 total slides (excluding title and reference slides).
- Speaker notes should be used and include in-text citations when applicable. Use the Notes Page view feature in PowerPoint to include speaker notes in the file.
- A minimum of three (3) scholarly literature sources must be used.
Best Practices in Preparing the Presentation
The following are best practices in preparing this presentation:
- Review directions thoroughly.
- Follow submission requirements.
- Make sure all elements on the grading rubric are included.
- Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.
- Review the Creating a Professional Presentation located in Course Resources.
- Ideas and information that come from scholarly literature must be cited and referenced correctly.
- A minimum of three (3) scholarly literature sources must be used. A minimum of 3 scholarly references are used. References should be published within the past 5 years. A primary source (original theory or writings from theorist) may be used, and primary sources may be older than 5 years. Textbooks are not considered scholarly resources.
- Abide by CCN academic integrity policy.