Tesla, inc. – case study 15
In this assignment, you need to review the Tesla, Inc. case study. The case study
describes the rise of Tesla Motors, an electric vehicle company founded in 2004 by
electric inventor Martin Eberhard and South African innovator, Elon Musk. The case
details the motivation of the two men, their personalities, and the conflicts they went
through to develop the company. It also provides an overview of the challenges and
opportunities of competing in the electric vehicle space; discusses Tesla’s strategies for
manufacturing, marketing, and distributing the cars; and points to key questions about
Review the Tesla Case Study. Also, feel free to utilize information from the Tesla videos
found in Reading and Resources in this unit.
Using Porter’s Five Forces model:
• Describe in detail the challenges and opportunities of competing in the electric
o You will need to create a section for each of the five forces when
answering the question in detail.
• Finally, describe Tesla’s strengths and weaknesses.
• Submit a two-three page Word document covering the elements of the
• Develop a clear introduction, body, and conclusion. Use paragraph format and
• Focus on the quality of writing and content.
• Use APA format with a title page, in-text citations, and references. Abstract not
required. The title page, reference page, and appendices are excluded in page
BUS411 – Business Policy
Tesla, Inc. – Case Study 15
• Research and cite at least two credible sources in APA format