Psy 550 final exam | Psychology homework help
1. A school psychologist strongly believes a particular child is in need of special services. What is the psychologist trying to control for if he or she uses the most recently normed test available?
The psychologist is trying to control for
2. What are two benefits of the WASI?
3. Identify three improvements of the WAIS-IV over the WAIS-III.
4. Provide one advantage and one disadvantage of group-administered intelligence tests.
5. Give three examples of extra-test behavior on an ability test.
6. Name three recommended uses for the Woodcock-Johnson III.
7. Name three things that would be included in the best approach to diagnosing a specific learning ability.
8. What is the purpose of empirical criterion keying?
9. Identify two functions of validity scales on personality tests.
10. Identify a criticism of the MMPI that contributed to the need for developing the MMPI-2. Identify a criticism of the MMPI-2.What is the purpose of the inquiry stage of the administration of the Rorschach test?
11. What is the purpose of the inquiry stage of the administration of the Rorschach test?
12. Identify three criticisms of projective tests.
13. What principle do assessors utilize when interpreting the TAT?
14. Give an example of a behavioral assessment approach.
15. What does a mental status exam assess?
16. Give an example of the Barnum effect.
17. Why is it recommended to utilize the BDI-II with other tests?
18. What are three things that the Tower of Hanoi measures?
19. Give an example of a performance assessment.
20. What is an assessment center and what is it utilized for?
The essay questions below are worth 10 points each.
1. Compare and contrast two established personality assessments discussed in the course. Include in your discussion strengths and limitations of each measure.
2. Throughout the course, issues related to cultural diversity have been addressed. Identify one intelligence, educational, or personality measure and describe its strengths and weaknesses as it relates to diversity.
3. Identify and describe at least three ethical dilemmas or responsibilities a psychological assessor may face.