(2010 – current) i hold diversity workshops at the abc community
You work is to adjust the attached personal resume based on the specification below.
SKILLS SUMMARY: (Has 3 elements: An introductory paragraph, list of skills directly related to the position, and your skills you have acquired throughout your career, that you want to highlight)
(1st Element: The introductory paragraph – Must be specific and highly detailed for each job series and position you’re applying to. You need to outline all the specific skills you have that are directly related to the position you are seeking including Key Words identified in the positions description.)
Focused and highly motivated management professional, with 12 + years of extensive experience in Strategic Workforce Planning, EEO, OHR and Diversity Mgt. Utilizing my background in Disability, Accommodations, Business Operations, Project Management, and Statistical Analysis to develop comprehensive programs based on the employment needs and mission of the agency. Deploying metric based solutions and maximizing our ROI. I’m an innovative and energetic team player, relationship builder, and highly effective communicator.
(2nd Element: List of skills directly related to the position and the Key Words you identified – Back up your skill summary with specific examples from you career or education. Identify specific accomplishments, length of time, highlight numerical results and awards derived from those duties and skills. This is the most critical area of the resume. You are relating an activity in your career to that of the position you are applying and showcasing your accomplishments.)
- Develop and create a Strategic Workforce Planning program to ensure were accurately utilizing all available resources. Good Example
- Expert in Diversity Mgt. and Employee Relations assisting managers and staff in identifying and solving EEO Policy questions on Accommodations, for the past 9 yrs. Better Example
- As Diversity manager I trained a staff of 100+ internal and external personnel on diversity rules and regulations. This lead to a 70% reduction in violations and improved the overall atmosphere at ABC Co. Best Example
- Analyze, develop, test and incorporated IT business solutions to enhance business process control and tracking. Good Example
- Supervised, motivated, mentored and lead by example, using experience backed judgment, strong work ethic, and irreproachable integrity, derived from my 12yrs as a Department Manager at ABC Co. Better Example
- Developed and implemented a supply inventory program, which tracked our use of production and office materials. This provided us detailed reports of our available inventory at all times. Allowing us to make more informed purchasing decisions. Resulting in ABC Co. to save 500,000 per year. Best Example
- Performed labor market Statistical analysis and employment projections locally and nationally to determine our recruitment strategy to ensure we were recruiting from a diverse population. Good Example
- Coordinated with our OHR and EEO managers to develop programs to improve our diversity in the workplace. We preformed detailed analysis of the current workforce, and developed a strategy to ensure we targeted a broader workforce. This had an immediate impact on our community relations and a 20% increase in local sales. Better Example
- Diversity manager for the past 7 yrs I was responsible for a staff of 20 employees. I coordinated with our OHR to develop and measure our recruiting efficiency, to determine our cost per employee hired and accurate ROI. We identified various key elements related to recruiting and performed a statistical analysis on how we could reduce our cost per hire. This lead to a yearly savings of 15% on our recruiting expenses. Best Example
- 2011Supervised and developed the Specialty Hiring Program NonCompetitive Direct Hiring program at HHS and the OPDIVs
- 2008 Liaised with union and management on contract negotiations and labor dispute settlements with global manufacturer. Avoiding the loss of 200+ jobs and saving the company 1.3 million dollars.
- 2006 The Minority Entrepreneur Network – Assisted 5 minority startup companies in researching, forecasting, and drafting their business plans and applications for SBL’s and Angel investing.
- 2005 Restructured vendor contracts for a gross savings resulting in
- I have attended various seminars on EEO compliance and diversity Good Example
- Extensive EEO Compliance Training: Laws & Discrimination, Diversity in the Workplace, Workplace Relationships, EEO Complaints and Resolutions: (80+ hrs of training) Better Example
- Extensive Project Management Training specializing in large scale projects and developing the project plans and schedule. All training was done at PMI Institute 2002 thru 2011 (120 hrs) Best Example
(3rd Element: Acquired skills – These are skills you want every employer to know you possess and feel they are what defines you as a model employee. Remember you MUST quantify and qualify every statement you make.)
Name of Employer Position & Title
GS level or Salary and Years of Service
(This section should be identical to skill summary. Write up a brief description of duties, and identify your major roles and responsibilities. Describe in detail each position you held for at least the last 10 years and quantify and qualify each statement).
TIP: Describe each duty like you are teaching it to someone for the first time. We are not allowed to assume you can or can’t do anything.
Ex: Cashier: A cashier can perform numerous duties, if you only list cashier we can only interpret that as someone we collected and distributed money).
As Diversity Manager I analyze develop and manage programs and projects related to the successful deployment of our department’s initiatives. My duties included ensuring we provided an inclusive work environment, free from discrimination and ensuring we met all federal and state regulations. This was accomplished by collecting, analyzing human capitol data and statistics from various sources to get an accurate analysis of the programs and work environment we provided our employees.
(This is where you can identify any areas of your career you feel an employer will get a better understanding of who you are and your additional activities, to included honors received by organizations, exceeding specific goals on projects, etc)
(List all software and applications you are experienced in and at what level. Please indicate an formal training and where you received that training)
(List any formal or informal training including accreditations and amount of hours in the specific field)
VOLUNTEER WORK & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
(Depending on the type of work volunteering can count the same as formal on the job experience if related to the position)
(2010 – current) I hold Diversity workshops at the ABC community center in Washington DC, 6 times each month. I provide employers with information on developing an inclusive and diverse workforce.
The position I am applying for is Financial Management Analyst.