Operating and database systems | Accounting homework help
Create an operating and database system design plan that addresses issues related to structure, data management, risk, and mitigation strategies. The business entity to focus on is a retail hardware enterprise such as Home Depot, which uses EDI for payment and real-time inventory update for purchases and sales.
Write a 4–6 page paper in which you:
- Discuss three considerations for implementing an operating and database system.
- Recommend the optimum system, considering the types of revenue and expense transactions for this company.
- Provide a justification for your recommendation.
- Identify and assess at least three issues related to data management, key elements of the database environment, controlling and auditing data management, and the related risk to an organization.
- Discuss at least three possible strategies to mitigate those risks of installing a database without adequate controls.
- Recommend the appropriate database structure for three types of transactions that will be entered into the system. Provide a justification for your recommendation.
- Use at least three quality sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
- Produce writing that is clear and well organized and applies appropriate SWS style. Writing contains accurate grammar, mechanics, and spelling.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Create an operating and database system design plan that addresses issues related to structure, data management, risk, and mitigation strategies.