Tasks 1: for this journal entry, students are to contemplate and
TASKS 1: For this Journal entry, students are to contemplate and thoughtfully answer the following questions, demonstrating critical thinking and the ability to make connections to assigned readings and class discussions:
The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has classified different environmental issues into high, medium, and low risk categories, as well as human health risks. Please submit a journal entry on an environmental issue that is at least 350 words and fully addresses PART A and PART B below.
Choose one of the following Global Environmental Issues to discuss:
- Global Warming (Climate Change)
- Species Extinction
- Habitat Destruction
- Ozone Layer Depletion
- Loss of Biological Diversity
- Herbicides and Pesticides
- Surface Water Pollution
- Airborne Toxic Substances
- Oil Spills
- Radioactive Materials
- Groundwater Pollution
- Indoor Air Pollution
- Outdoor Air Pollution
- Exposure of Drinking Water to Chemicals
For the issue you have picked, please discuss the following
1) describe the issue
2) give a real-world example of the issue and explain current statistics on this issue
3) how does this issue directly affect humans?
4) how does this issue directly affect you? If not you, then describe other people or groups
5) share current videos, images or website links on your environmental issue with your classmates.
6) share your own unique idea for how you would help improve or solve this issue
Feel free to respond to other students’ posts!
TASKS 2: The following questions requires a 100-150
- How do you define environment, ecology, ecosystem, Anthropocene, or sustainability? Pick one term to expound upon.