Evaluating contracts | Management homework help
Aerospace Drones has completed its first contract with Department of Defense (DoD) on time and under budget. Company expansion has increased production capacity. R&D continues to set industry standards for camera stabilization systems.
You have now learned that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) is seeking to expand their UAS surveillance capabilities. These contracts will require significantly more time to prepare. Once again, you must get to work and prepare a detailed report that addresses the more advanced level of requirements needed for submission.
Write a 6–8 page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast fixed-price contracts and cost-reimbursement contracts in terms of the benefits and drawbacks to small and large business.
- Analyze at least three opportunities your small business will have compared to large businesses in general.
- Discuss which elements of cost-reimbursement contracts tend to produce the biggest troubles for your small business. Provide a rationale for your choices.
- Determine which form of contracting would benefit your business the most among all the forms of contracting described in Chapter 16. Support your response.
- Choose the most significant form of contracting that would support large companies (e.g., Boeing) among all the forms of contracting described in Chapter 16. Support your response.
- Develop a plan on how your company would justify the government to award your company the contract when the form of this contracting supports larger companies.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Use at least three quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.