Unit 4 discussion board | Education homework help
Unit 4 – Discussion Board
Collapse Top PanelsAssignment OverviewType: Discussion BoardUnit: Constructivism: The Sculptor: Do It YourselfDue Date: Tue, 11/13/18Grading Type: NumericPoints Possible: 80Points Earned: Deliverable Length: See assignment detailsView objectives for this assignmentGo To:
Looking for tutoring? Go to SmarthinkingCollapse All | Expand All
The Discussion Board (DB) is part of the core of online learning. Classroom discussion in an online environment requires the active participation of learners and the instructor to create robust interaction and dialogue. Every learner is expected to create an original response to the open-ended DB question as well as engage in dialogue by responding to posts created by others throughout the week. At the end of each unit, DB participation will be assessed based on both level of engagement and the quality of the contribution to the discussion.
At a minimum, each learner will be expected to post an original and thoughtful response to the DB question and contribute to the weekly dialogue by responding to at least 2 other posts from learners. The first contribution must be posted before midnight (Central Time) on Friday of each week. Two additional responses are required after Friday of each week. Learners are highly encouraged to engage on the Discussion Board early and often, as that is the primary way the university tracks class attendance and participation.
The purpose of the Discussion Board is to allow learners to learn through sharing ideas and experiences as they relate to course content and the DB question. Because it is not possible to engage in 2-way dialogue after a conversation has ended, no posts to the DB will be accepted after the end of each unit.
Discuss the following:
- What can cause instability and dissonance in human behavior?
- How do disturbances in equilibrium generate opportunities for learning?
- How do you reconcile the idea that constructivism results in a subjective reality when most teachers and trainers are charged with delivery of fixed, prescribed information and ideas?
- Can both approaches be accomplished in a class?
- How might you use constructivism in designing a general science class for eighth graders? Why? How?
Discuss the following:
- Do you think that designers and teachers should generate discomfort in young students, encouraging the process that Piaget called equilibration?
- How do instructional designers and teachers incorporate methods in courses that promote equilibration?
- How do instructors and designers help young students achieve accommodation?
- How do you think that this idea relates to adult learning theory, as stated by Malcolm Knowles in the principles of andragogy?
- How do the theoretical similarities play out in considering the design of instruction for adults?
- Are both theories related to constructivism? Why or why not?
In your own words, post a substantive response to the Discussion Board question(s) and comment on other postings. Your response should address the DB question(s) and move the conversation forward. You will be graded on the quality of your postings, including mastery of the concept as well as critical thinking. If asked for your opinion, do not simply state that it is a good or bad idea; elaborate on your reasons and argument. Include enough detail to substantiate your thinking as well as your position on the questions or comments.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Your assignment will be graded in accordance with the following criteria. Click here to view the grading rubric.
There is no additional information to display at this time.
- Extra Credit
- View Assignment Rubric