Multiple homeworks | Literature homework help
Hi, I have 4 homeworks to do. 2 of them if due for today and I need by 10 PM. The rest is for tomorrow at any time before 12 am. Bellow you can find all what I need and the material you need to complete it.
1-DUE TODAY AT 10 PM
Midterm Essay Assignment
- Midterm Essays are due on Wednesday of Week 2 by 11:59 p.m. ET.
- This is a formal essay and should be formatted according to APA guidelines. Review the APA Format link (go to “Start Here” and then “Course Resources”) if you need assistance in creating a title page, headers, citations, or a References page. You do not need to include an abstract.
- Write a 750-word (minimum) essay addressing one of the topics described below. You must meet the minimum word count to get full credit.
- Your essays must include quotes from each text used to get full credit. Be sure to quote, cite, and reference from the text(s) using appropriate APA format.
Choose ONE of the following topics and write a 750-word essay.
Topic 1: Choose one of the films below and one of the readings from your textbook. The essay should briefly summarize the chosen film and reading to provide context; however, your essay should not be a simple plot summary of the film and the reading. Instead, your essay should analyze the author’s and film’s intent and identify universal themes, conflicts, and climaxes. Of the film and the reading you’ve chosen, which one better accomplishes its purpose? How? Make sure to include evidence from both the film and the reading to support your ideas. Cite all quotes using APA format.
The table below identifies the three films you may choose from, along with some suggestions for readings you might choose to go with them.
|The New World (2006), available to rent on Amazon||John Smith’s The General Historie of Virginia, New England, and the Summer Isles|
|The Last of the Mohicans (1992), available to rent on Amazon;
available for streaming on Netflix as of May 2013
|A Narrative of the Captivity and Restoration of Mrs. Mary Rowlandson|
Poe’s Tales of Terror (1962) or The Masque of the Red Death (1964);
|“The Fall of the House of Usher” or any of the Poe stories in your textbook.|
Topic 2: Choose any song you wish (contemporary is fine). Look up the lyrics using a website such as http://www.azlyrics.com/ or http://www.elyrics.net/ (Make sure to cite the source you use!). Using AT LEAST one verse and the refrain, discuss the lyrics in terms of poetry. Be SURE to discuss the following: content (story), including poetic components such as alliteration, simile, metaphor, and personification. In addition, identify the rhyme scheme, and include imagery (symbolic or literal). Be sure to use examples from the song. Be sure to cite the song according to APA and cite all quotes using APA format.
Topic 3: View The Crucible (available for rent on Amazon.com)—or you may read the play (Go to “Start Here” and the “Course Resources” to see the Webliography page for links where you may be able to access the play)–and discuss the theme of persecution. Think about why people tend to accuse those who are different and why it often goes unchallenged. For more information about McCarthy and McCarthyism, view this link: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/episodes/arthur-miller/mccarthyism/484/. Your essay should include the following:
1. How the theme of persecution is represented in the film (or play) itself, and
2. How the ideas of this film apply to contemporary society.
You may wish to include a discussion of McCarthyism and how Miller reflects McCarthyism in The Crucible.
Include evidence from the film (or play) to support your ideas. Make sure to correctly quote and cite the film and any researched material using APA format.
2-DUE TODAY BY 10 PM
Writing Assignments – Week 2
Weekly Writing Assignments are due on Saturday by 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Write a 250-word (minimum) response to each writing prompt below. You must meet the minimum word count for each response to get full credit.
- Use only the assigned readings unless otherwise instructed.
- Your responses must include quotes from each text used to get full credit. Be sure to quote, cite, and reference from the text(s) using appropriate APA format. For assistance with APA citations, review the “APA Format” link (go to “Start Here” and then “Course Resources”).
- Put all writing assignments in ONE Microsoft Word document, and identify your work by using your last name in the file name (example: LastnameWeek1.docx). Upload it by clicking on the “W2 Writing Assignments” link below and upload the file as an attachment.
|This Week’s Writing Assignments|
1. Dickinson and Whitman are two important poets from the antebellum period. They are very different, both in terms of form (what their poetry looks like on the page) and content. Write a comparison, using poems from the assigned reading, that includes at least three terms defined in the Poetry Lecture in Week 1, as well as the poets’ purpose in writing. What messages are they trying to convey in their poetry? Are they successful? Of the two poets, which one do you prefer and why?
3-DUE TOMORROW BY 11 PM
IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! READ BEFORE DO NOTHING!!!!!
ON THE BOTTON YOU CAN FIND THE REQUIRED READINGS TO COMPLETE THIS WRITING. POST 1 AND POST 2 ARE INDEPENDEND JOBS!!!!!
- Post a response to all four prompts below.
- Participation is worth 30% of your grade. Active participation in the weekly discussion is expected.
- You must meet the minimum word count for each post to get full credit.
- All posts must be completed by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. No makeups are allowed.
- Use only the assigned readings to respond to the discussion posts.
- Your post must include at least one quote from each text used to receive full credit.
Post 1: Choose two terms from the Elements of Fiction lecture and apply them to “The Fall of the House of Usher.” You learned in the Authors lecture that Poe is considered to be “the father of the modern-day short story.” Did you find his story engaging? Why do you think his works remain popular more than 150 years later? Be sure to quote, cite, and reference from the text(s) using appropriate APA format. Your post must be at least 250 words.
Post 2: According to the biography in your textbook, Paul Laurence Dunbar wanted “to interpret my own people through song and story, and prove to the many that we are more human than African.” The same argument could be made that Chopin and Gilman, both female, were attempting to prove that they were more human than woman. From the assigned readings, choose works from at least two of the authors and explain how the writer attempts to illustrate this idea. Is he/she successful? Be sure to quote, cite, and reference from the text(s) using appropriate APA format. Your post must be at least 250 words.
Assignments and Due Dates
Week 2 lectures
American Literature 1820-1865
Edgar Allan Poe
American Literature 1865-1914
Charlotte Perkins Gilman
Paul Laurence Dunbar
Discussion Forum: All posts due by Sunday at 11:59 pm ET.