Letter to a legislator | HSA 300 Health Services Organization Management | Strayer University
In this exercise, you will write a two-page letter to your state or federal representative about a current health care issue being discussed in the U.S. View Healthy People 2020 – Topic Areas at a Glance on the CDC website and select a topic from the list provided. Research where your representative stands on your chosen health care issue as well as where the medical profession (professional organizations, practicing medical professionals, patients, and other advocates) stands on the issue.
In your letter, please include the following:
- Identify a health care issue that is currently being discussed at the state or national level.
- Summarize your representative’s position on your selected health care issue.
- Explain why you agree or disagree with your representative’s position.
- Include data and evidence to align your position from the CDC’s Healthy People 2020 – Topic Areas at a Glance and/or other government agencies.
- Include a title and reference page; these two items should not be included in your total page count. Use two sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Determine if a representative’s position on a health care issue is aligned with personal and current People goals.