Philosophy week 1 assignment 1
Assignment #1- Western Civilization
Select one of these prompts and craft a brief essay. Please be mindful of the objectives and expectations below.
PowerPoint 2 offers the key idea that our way of thinking about life is a product of thinking that has been passed down for thousands of years. Yet, we commonly talk about stark differences between generations. For instance, the website Visual Capitalist offers a “Generational Power Index ” that includes this claim: “Each generation is shaped by its own unique historical context and cultural experiences, creating a shared perspective about the world that is different from their elders.” In light of the argument given in PowerPoint 2, what do you see that has been passed down for thousands of years that still unites the Silent Generation, Boomers, Gen Xers, Millennials, and Gen Zers?
link to generational power index
Assignments have the following objectives:
- Identify and describe key concepts relevant to a theme presented in the assignment prompt.
- Explore ideas in philosophical depth beyond the presentation of course material.
- Examine course material in order to develop an informed investigation of your perspectives on a theme presented in the assignment.
- Research scholarly sources to help explore and expand students’ perspectives and develop critical thinking skills.
- Develop a cogent argument to support your position.
- All sources must be responsibly cited and referenced.
- This assignment should be around 500 words in length.
All sources cited in APA