informatics competencies and advanced nursing practice
Informatics Competencies and Advanced Nursing Practice
According to the AACN (2006) Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice, DNP graduates are distinguished by their abilities to use information systems/technology to support and improve patient care and healthcare systems and provide leadership within healthcare systems and/or academic settings” (p. 12).
Reflect on the AACN DNP “Essential IV: Information Systems/Technology and Patient Care Technology for the Improvement and Transformation of Health Care” and your own technology experience and answer the following.
- What were your initial thoughts on reading the AACN Information Systems/Technology Essentials for the DNP graduate?
- Did you find any of the essentials surprising? Why or Why not?
- Describe the changes you have seen in your practice setting over the past five years that have been brought about by the use of technology and evidence-based practice.
- Describe the changes you expect to see in your practice setting over the next five years based on technology.
- How have these changes affected nursing practice in your setting?
Use an APA 7 style and a minimum of 200 words. Provide support from a minimum of at least three (3) scholarly sources. The scholarly source needs to be: 1) evidence-based, 2) scholarly in nature, 3) Sources should be no more than five years old (published within the last 5 years), and 4) an in-text citation. citations and references are included when information is summarized/synthesized and/or direct quotes are used, in which APA style standards apply.
• Textbooks are not considered scholarly sources.
• Wikipedia, Wikis, .com website or blogs should not be used.