Week 6 group project | BBM411 | Wilmington University
This week’s focus is on process design and strategy. For this assignment, you will work in a group to identify and analyze a current design process.
Here is your task:
Think about a process that you participate in as a customer (e.g. a bank, a restaurant, a doctor’s office, airport,retail store, etc.) that seems to operate ineffectively. Your goal as team is to improve the process.
1. Create a flowchart of the current process. You can use MS Visio or other tool with which you are comfortable. Use your textbook as a guide (the opening Global Company Profile in Chapter 7 includes an example of a flowchart).
2. Answer the following questions and identify specifically where in the process there is a failure:
- Is the process designed to achieve a competitive advantage in terms of differentiation, response, or low cost?
- Does the process eliminate steps that do not add value?
- Does the process maximize customer value as perceived by the customer?
- Will the process win orders?
3. Redesign the process to bring about improvements in performance. Create another flowchart to illustrate the new process.
4. Write a short summary of how and where you improved the process.