Wk 6 midterm exam | Human Resource Management homework help
General Instructions: Each class is likely to be different. If you assume you know what is required, you may make a mistake that can be avoided just by reading the instructions.
• Please post your response in your individual assignment folder by the due date listed in the Course Schedule.
Please post on time to avoid the 5% per day late penalty required by departmental policy. Remember the late window begins at 12:00 a.m. the next day. Please don’t ask me after the deadline to waive a late penalty. If you’re having a problem that matches the criteria in the grading policy, contact me before the deadline. See the Grading Information in the syllabus.
Submissions will not be accepted after grades for this assignment have been posted. Alternate assignments are not available.
• Please work alone; this is not a group assignment.
• Do not use any work that has been submitted to a previous class. See the Grading Information in the syllabus. This is also part of the Academic Integrity pledge you signed.
• Remember to use a Word .doc or .docx file format to ensure I can open your work. See the Grading Information in the syllabus.
• Please do use APA to reference your response. Create a reference list at the end and use the (author, year) format within the text; or, if it is a direct quote, the (author, year, page number) format.
• Please realize that I cannot answer questions that are actually part of the test itself. That violates testing methodology. I can address “administrative type” questions. Post questions to the Week 6, Exam #2 discussion area (vs. email) so everyone will have the same information.
• If presentation is not your strong point, use the free writing support tools that are accessed via the classroom. Allow enough time for the writing tutors to assist. Access to that service is in the Content area.
• Please be sure you have submitted the document you intended. Double-check by opening your document in your folder after you’ve submitted it. If you post the wrong document, which students have done, you’ll be late and incur a late penalty.
Part A (Applied Research – 40% of the assignment score) – This is the task that you received in Week 4.
Located in Illinois for the last 8 years, your organization is a medium-sized company in the medical supplies industry. The Vice President of Operations stopped in your office to discuss a recent loss of staff. He said he has lost 3 key leaders in the last 4 months. In addition to 2 more employees he fired, several frontline workers have quit. As a good HR Director, you recognize that it would be wise to do a complete investigation of the turnover.
In a maximum of 2 double-spaced pages, explain:
a) How would you evaluate whether the experienced turnover is a problem?
b) What data/metrics would you gather and consider from the HRIS (Human Resource Information System) and/or external sources?
Consult additional sources in the HR literature, beyond the course readings, to formulate your response.
Part B (Knowledge of Weeks 4-6 Readings) (60% of assignment value)
Please answer the following questions within a maximum of 2 double-spaced pages. Note the limit requires you to be concise in synthesizing all the input from the classroom material and any external literature you gather.
1. Assume an organization wants to gauge the success of its total rewards program. Discuss at least two possible metrics or outcomes it might use. Be sure to explain why you chose the metrics you discuss and how they are indicative of a successful total rewards program.
2. Given what you have learned about employee relations and labor relations, explain whether it is possible for an HR practitioner to be an effective advocate for both employees and the organization at the same time? Why or why not?
3. Explain how an organization’s labor relations and employee relations policies and practices impact the organization’s total rewards programs. Give a specific example to illustrate the key relationship you propose.