The functions of the legal health record
Using what you have learned about the legal health record and the EHR, write a 2 – 3-page paper that addresses the following functions of the health record:
- Health information and data management.- What main function does the EHR have in the medical office or healthcare organization?
- Test results management.- How does the EHR make test results more manageable?
- Order management – How does the EHR prevent errors when tests and prescriptions are ordered?
- Decision support – How does the EHR help physicians with their treatment guidelines for patients?
- Electronic communication and connectivity – How does collaboration increase the quality of the patient’s care?
- Patient support – How does the EHR help with patient education? Give examples.
- Administrative processes – How does EHR make a better billing and collection process?
Include a title page and reference page.
Use appropriate APA-formatting.
Use at least 2-3 credible sources of information as references