Psy5104-3 assignment: prepare a “q & a with an expert” blog entry on
For this task, imagine that you have been contacted by Huffington Post to contribute to their series entitled “Developing Thinking and Emotional Skills in Infants and Toddlers: What Can a Parent Do?” They asked you to provide a blog that gives concrete tips for parents that reflect the latest research findings on cognitive and emotional development in infants and toddlers by answering the following questions they received from parents. They want the blog to be written in question and answer format:
- What can I do to best support my child’s language development?
- What are some of the warning signs of my infant and my toddler being below expected cognitive abilities?
- What activities can I do with my toddler to promote optimal social and emotional development?
- What are the best ways to deal with temper tantrums?
- Many parents really want to do what’s right—but when they turn to the experts, they get conflicting advice. One day, it seems researchers say it is OK to punish your child for misbehaving; the next day, researchers indicate that it is never OK to punish your child. What should a parent do when it seems like even the experts cannot make up their minds?
Support your responses with at least three references from research conducted in the past five years.
If you cannot find recent research in the library, consider sources such as the American Psychological Association and other reliable sources. Contact the Northcentral Librarian if you need help in locating recent, reliable resources.
Length: 3-5 pages, not including title and reference pages