Cognitive development table | Education homework help
Also please see attachment below
As an educator, you will need to understand how students learn. This component of instructional planning is important because it provides a foundation and purpose for learning. Seminal theorists, or theorists who have significantly influenced the understanding of cognitive processes, is where you can start to grasp how students learn. Piaget and Vygotsky are only two of many developmental theorists who have dramatically influenced our understanding of student learning.
For this assignment, use the “Cognitive Development Table” to review the developmental phases of elementary students identified by Piaget and Vygotsky, including the following:
- A brief definition of the cognitive development phase
- A real-world example of the cognitive development concept that could be observed in an elementary classroom.
- A developmentally appropriate learning activity for the cognitive development concept that could be applied in your classroom.
In a 250-500 word reflection, address the following:
- Describe how the theories relate to elementary students’ development and readiness for learning.
- Explain why it is important for educators to consider the cognitive development concepts when planning for instruction.
- Explain how developmentally appropriate learning activities support memory, learning, and knowledge acquisition in elementary students.
Support your assignment with 2-3 scholarly resources.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented, using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion of the assignment.