Philosophy discussion 7 | Philosophy homework help
Question for Discussion #7 – God and Proof
Compare the efforts made by Anselm and by Thomas Aquinas to argue for the existence of God. (Anselm’s proof is on p. 189, Aquinas’ on pp. 192-196.) In what ways are they similar and in what ways are they different?
Both Anselm and Aquinas were men of profound faith. Why, then, were they trying to prove that God exists, when they already had faith? Do you believe that any of these arguments could inspire faith in someone who does not already accept a monotheistic religion?
Discussion Assignments have the following objectives:
- Identify and describe key concepts presented in textbook reading material, video lectures, and other assigned content.
- Draw connections between assigned content material and practical areas of interest.
- Explore ideas in philosophical depth beyond the presentation of course material.
- Draw connections between philosophical discourse and one’s practical life.
- Engage in respectful philosophical conversation.
- This objective will be measured according to replies posted to other students or to professors.
When completing discussion assignments, please remember:
- Your main post should take a minimum of 300 words. Explain and support what you say.
- Any sources that you use must – including textbook and video lectures – be cited and referenced responsibly. (APA)
- You should post at least two substantial replies to other participants.
- Please refer to the syllabus and grading rubric for more guidance.