Final exam | History homework help
For your final exam, you will pick 10 questions from the list below, and answer them.
Each question will be worth 10 points.
Each answer should be at least 2-3 sentences in length.
The exam is open-book, but you may not collude with your classmates through any communication technology or in person.
Your work must be 100% original – written in your own words. The plagiarism checker, TurnItIn, will compare your submissions to the book, to the internet, and to the submissions of your classmates in this course. Plagiarism earns a zero. If I find out you worked together with someone on this, you get a zero.
Your submission is due by 11:59pm.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Do you think Andrew Jackson was a good president? Why or why not?
- In the Constitutional Convention, what did the Virginia Plan propose to the U.S.?
- How did the reasons for settling differ between Virginia and New England?
- Define manifest destiny and explain the motives behind it.
- What role did women play in colonial society?
- What event did “spiritual egalitarianism” play a role in, and why was it important?
- During the Revolutionary War, what Native American groups helped the British, and why did they?
- Why did Nat Turner and six collaborators attempt to free the region’s enslaved population, and were their actions justifiable?
- Why did the founding fathers believe that a true democracy would be dangerous?
- Why was slavery so important to the economy during the Market Revolution?
- 9.What were the causes that led the North and South into the Civil War?
- What was the “Play-off System,” and how did it impact the United States?
- What role did the antislavery movement play in the sectional crisis preceding the Civil War?
- What were the transportation developments that emerged during the early 1800’s, and why were they important?
- What were the motivations of the different European Empires in coming to the Americas during the 1500s and 1600s?
- What happened to indigenous Americans when Europeans began arriving in the 1500s and 1600s?
- How did the Middle Passage affect American culture?
- Describe “Republican Motherhood” and explain its importance.
- Did the Federal Government have a responsibility to the newly freed Americans who had been enslaved?
- Describe and evaluate the Compromise of 1877 – was it good for America?