Dbdiscussion6 | Education homework help
Your co-teacher tells you, “Jacob’s mom is so difficult to communicate with. She just doesn’t care about his education.” As you probe for more information, your co-teacher explains that Jacob’s mother has not signed up for parent-teacher conferences, never volunteers or responds to communication attempts, and Jacob’s daily sheets are piling up in his cubby.
In your initial post: (200 words)
- Describe how you feel after your co-teacher confides in you.
- Do you believe her thoughts valid?
- Have you had similar experiences with families?
- Do you feel your co-teacher’s response is developmentally appropriate?
- Then, provide a suggestion for your co-teacher to implement a developmentally appropriate practice to encourage reciprocal and meaningful relationships with Jacob’s mother.