Homework Essay Help
Watch video and answer questions | public health | Yosemite Community College District
Watch the following video below and answer the following questions:
- What are the steps involved in getting “stuff” in the flow chart?
- Why is this said to be a “linear model”?
- What is the significance of developed countries (North America, or U.S and Canada) using 3rd world countries resources? Why do we do this? What will this cause?
- What happens at production?
- What groups are at the biggest risk for accumulating toxins in their system?
- What happens to the people who move out of the areas we have stripped for resources?
- What does “distribution” mean?
- How are prices kept down?
- If the price of stuff does not reflect the true costs of its extraction and production, who pays for it?
- What does “externalization of costs” of production mean?
- Why does consumption “drive” the system?
- What percentage of materials in North America are still in use six months after their date of sale?
- How can we run a planet on this level of materials?
- Who “designed” our consumer oriented society?
- What seems to be the ultimate purpose of the American economy?
- What is “planned obsolescence”? Give some examples. (2 or more sentences)
- What is “perceived obsolescence”? Give some examples. (2 or more sentences)
- What seems to be happening to “happiness” in North America? Why?
- What are the two main leisure time activities?
- Why do we seem to be on a treadmill of work – watch – spend?
- Why is incineration bad?
- Which two places in the linear model does recycling help to reduce?
- What can you do? (3 or more sentences)
- Over the course of this week, have you thought twice about “buying” some “stuff”? Will you give more thought to your purchases in the future? (3 or more sentences)