Neuroscience | neuroscience | purdue university global
Choose one of the topics below for your research and then go to the Purdue Global Library and find another article that discusses your selected topic.
- Be sure to select a peer-reviewed article so that you know your research studies are primary academic sources.
- Be selective in choosing an article that will extend insights beyond common knowledge regarding the brain and human behavior.
- Use your article to point to new directions and information in the field regarding your topic.
Create a 10-12 slide PowerPoint presentation which incorporates speaker notes throughout (not including title and reference slides). Address the following in your presentation:
- Introduction (let the audience know the purpose of the presentation and rationale for why you selected the topic). [1 slide]
- Describe the highlights of the research studies. [2-3 slides]
- Explain the affected brain areas including specific information about how it affects behavior. [2-3 slides]
- Discuss how this research relates to your career and other professionals in the field [2 slides]
- Describe how you would use these skills in practice and how your presentation can be used to develop your career and in mentoring peers on current research [1-2 slides]
- Conclusion [1 slide]
Topic 1: The role of Mirror neurons in social referencing and understanding empathy in autism
Topic 2: The role of heavy and persistent cannabis use in triggering schizophrenia
Topic 3: The impact of drinking or drug use before the age of 21 on the developing brain.