It and business process | Operations Management homework help
For this assignment, review the “S&OP ‘Evolution’ at Adtran” case on pages 428–430 in your Designing and Managing the Supply Chain textbook. That reading described the evolution of Adtran’s sales and operation planning (S&OP). In 3–4 double-spaced pages, analyze Adtran’s improved processes and identify opportunities for integrating IT solutions. Complete the following:
- Analyze Adtran’s improved S&OP, as described in the case study.
- Identify opportunities for Adtran to improve its S&OP using IT solutions.
- Propose strategies for integrating information technology to improve the effectiveness of financial management across Adtran.
- Be sure to respond to the following questions in your proposed solutions:
- What are the major challenges for supply chains that can be aided by IT (Simchi-Levi, Kaminsky, & Simchi-Levi, 2008, p. 434)?
- What is the impact of business processes on supply chain management (p. 434)?
Refer to the IT and Business Processes Scoring Guide to ensure you meet all of the evaluation criteria.
Submit your IT and Business Processes analysis in this assignment.
Simchi-Levi, D., Kaminsky, P., & Simchi-Levi, E. (2008). Designing and managing the supply chain: Concepts, strategies, and case studies (3rd ed.). New York: McGraw Hill.