Wk 1 project managment | Management homework help
Defining the Project
Using the South University Online Library, research any project of your choice. You may use the project you chose for the week 1 discussion as long as it meets the criteria listed below.
The project you select must meet the following criteria:
- It must fit the definition of a project as described in the PMBOK® Guide glossary and text.
- It must be real or realistic.
- It should be large enough for a dedicated organizational commitment (preferably a capital investment) but not too large for one organization to accomplish (minimal outsourcing).
- It must fit into one of the “nonnumeric model” categories as described in the course textbook.
- It must be subject to evaluation through numeric models as described in the course textbook.
Based on your research and project selected, create a project charter as described in Section 4.1 of the PMBOK® Guide. The project charter should include the following:
- An outline of the information indicated in Section 4.1.
- All items indicated in the PMBOK® Guide for which at least some elemental information exists at this point.
- Highlights on how the project you selected meets the selection criteria listed earlier.
- A description of the major components of the strategic management process.
- An explanation of the role projects play in the strategic management process.
- How are projects linked to the strategic plan?
- An explanation of the impact of classifying projects as either compliance, strategic, or operations projects.
- An explanation as to why return on investment (ROI) should not be the sole metric used to choose projects.
- A discussion of the pros and cons of the checklist versus the weighted factor method of selecting projects.
- Provide your answers in a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document, using APA style.
- Support your responses with examples and research.
- Name your document SU_MGT3035_W1_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.